You are hereHR Policy of Tomorrow's Foundation
HR Policy of Tomorrow's Foundation
Highlights of our HR Policy
Recruitment Process: Any recruitment in Tomorrow's Foundation must follow the following process:
- Recruitment Process could be initiated if i) any existing position has been lying vacant due to resignation, termination or any other reason, provision for the same position is available in organization's budget or special permission for recruitment has been taken from the Governing Body.
- Advertisement for the vacant post should be declared publicly by a) announcing to other NGOs, b) announcing the same in different units/project offices of Tomorrow's Foundation, c) Newspaper or d) website. The advertisement should mention the minimum qualification and experience required. The advertisement should also mention that Tomorrow's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
- At least three candidates should be interviewed for a single post.
- A committee of at least three persons, formed by the HR Manager/Officer should interview the candidates for selection.
- All interview must have written and verbal test. The Interviewer should give their feedback and decision as per the prescribed format.
- The decision of the Interview Committee should be endorsed by the COO and a final approval for appointment should be taken from the Governing Body.
- Before giving an appointment letter two references (from organizations/institutions where the candidate has earlier worked or studied) should be checked.
- Both husband and wife can not work in Tomorrow's Foundation except in Half Way Home as House Mother and House Father.
Induction: Every employee must go through an exhaustive and formal Induction Process immediately after recruitment. The induction process will be led by the HR Manager/Officer along with the departmental head. The newly recruited employee should report to Admin Office on the first day for the purpose of Induction.
Probation: Every recruited personnel will go through a probation period of 3 months (or as decided by the management). A yearly contract will be provided to the personnel provided the probation period is successfully completed as per the set objectives. Considering the level of performance the management can also decide to extend the probation period.
Performance Evaluation: A Performance Evaluation of every employee will be conducted every year by a committee designated as Evaluation Committee. The members of the evaluation committee will differ as per the Units/Departments. The permanent members of this Performance Evaluation Committee will be the HR Manager/Officer and Departmental Head. The COO will announce the names of the evaluation committee every year 15 days before the evaluation starts. The same will be communicated to all units/projects/offices and on the website. The process of performance evaluation must be completed before 20th March of every year.
Termination of Employment: The services of a confirmed employee can be terminated for the following reasons with one calendar month's notice or one month's salary in lieu of notice. An employee on probation may be terminated any time if he/she is not found suitable.
- If he/she is convicted of any criminal offence involving moral turpitudes
- If he/she becomes of unsound mind
- If he/she has indulged in such acts of conduct, which will be considered prejudicial to interest and objectives of the organization
- If his/her performance is not satisfactory
- Due to absenteeism and lack of punctuality
- If a decision is taken by the Grievance Redressal Committee, Sexual Harassment Redressal Committee or Child Protection Committee
The final decision regarding termination is taken by the Governing Body.
Grievances: All grievances raised by the employees regarding inter personal maters are handled by the Grievances Redressal Committee of the organization. The members of the Grievance Redressal Committee are nominated by the Governing Body and COO every year. The members are nominated from all levels of the Organizational Structure. A notification regarding the formation of this committee is issued every year.
Sexual Harassment: Tomorrow's Foundation will be guided by the provisions made in THE SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF WOMEN AT WORK PLACE (PREVENTION, PROHIBITION AND REDRESSAL) BILL, 2006. All cases regarding Sexual Harassment are handled by a redressal committee formed (nominated every year) by the Governing Body and COO. The members are nominated from all levels of the Organizational Structure. A notification regarding the formation of this committee is issued every year.
All employees including the COO and the employees under probation come under the purview of this Redressal Committee. In case of complaint of Sexual Harassment regarding any member of this Committee the same is referred to the COO and a decision to address the same is taken accordingly.
Policy Related to Child Labour: Tomorrow's Foundation is committed to the CRC (Child Rights Convention) of the United Nations and opposes any form of Child labour or the practice of the same. Service of the employee is terminated if it is found s/he or her/his immediate family has employed (with or without payment) any child below 18 years of age.
General Code of Conduct:
- Coming to the office on time
- Maintaining a cordial relationship with all
- Abide by the declared policies of the organization
- Abide by the office orders issued by the Competent Authorities
- Attend the morning prayer
- Do not engage in gossiping or rumour mongering
- Respect all religion, caste and creed
- Contribute to cost reduction and maximum utilization of resources
- Maintain Child Rights as the highest priority while executing any work/duty/responsibility
- Respect dignity of every child
- Accept the child as he/she is
- Be empathetic towards children and tolerant towards child behaviour
- Never offer gifts directly to the children.
- Before taking any images or photographs seek consent of children
- Views of children to be listed, valued and taken seriously.
- Equal attention to be given to all children irrespective of their sex, cast or religion.
- Never humiliate children
- Never embrace a teenage girl to praise or to show affection.
- Never sleep with any individual child.
- Never use slang, abusive and sexually provocative language before children.
- Never provoke malpractice or addiction
- Never do things for children of personal nature like washing, undressing, using toilet etc.
- No employee is allowed to take any child for outing individually.
All employees, volunteers and interns have access to the detailed version of the HR Policy.