You are hereUttaran - Bastar
Uttaran - Bastar
Facilitating the process of finding enhanced career opportunities for 150 orphan, tribal, out-of-school children through bridge course, mainstreaming, skill development, career counselling and handholding.
Start: January, 2010
Area: 2 residential units in South Bastar (Dantewada) and Bijapur, Chhattisgarh
Number of children reached: 138
Age of the children: 6 to 17 years-old
Coordinator: Mr. Sanjay Kumar Jaiswal
Supported By: Paul Hamlyn Foundation (UK), Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Mission (Chhattisgarh) and other Individual Donors
Providing bridging facilities to 100 girls in Dantewada 50 boys in Bijapur who have lost their immediate family and are presently out of school. The project conducts an intensive residential bridge course of 18 months, to ease the transition to a formal school education. It runs in collaboration with the government of Chhattisgarh. Children are enrolled in the nearby government schools, Kendriya Vidyalaya and English medium private schools. Monthly health camps are organized in the block head office as well as regular check up camps in Dantewada center. Besides, for all round development, creative, cultural and sport activities are regularly organized. It is TF’s effort to help these children, to improve their self-confidence and to allow them to establish themselves as dignified citizens of this world.
- In 2011-12, the bridging of all children has been completed. They have started going to school. 12 girls have been mainstreamed in Kendriya Vidyalaya (Central School) in 2011-2012.
- The biggest achievement of this was enrolment of 12 children Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV), Dantewada and 14 children in Nirmal Niketan International Public School (NNIPS).
- 2 new Hole-In-The-Wall learning stations had been installed in Bijapur.
- 1 girl from Dantewada went to France in 2011 for a sport and cultural exchange (sport exchange programme with Sport Dans la Ville). 5 children participated in the same exchange in Kolkata in 2012.
- Children from both centers participated in state level sports competition. 12 of them played in a Football tournament organized in Delhi by the French Embassy; the girl’s team won the feminine cup.
Uttaran – Bastar (Dantewada Unit),
Porta Cabin, Village – Karli,
Post – Geedam,
District - South Bastar (Dantewada)
Chhatisgarh – 494441.
Uttaran - Bastar (Bijapur Unit),
Old Janpad Bhawan,
Email: sanjay @ tomorrowsfoundation.org